Thursday, September 9, 2010

God's Will

So this post probably isn't going to be the words of wisdom kind of post I've done in the past; its going to play off my previous post a bit.  I've decided I want to do something big to help people out.  But I can't seem to figure it out.  But I've decided I'm going to let it be in God's hands, and he'll show me the way.

So let's go back to last Friday, Sept. 3rd, its the first Friday of the month, and the local Christian radio station, KTIS - 98.5 http://www.ktis.fm/, has this thing called the "Drive Through Difference".  You go through the drive through, paying for the person behind you, and leave the cashier a little note to give to them saying, you hope it made their day, and it was just something you wanted to do.  The official day for it is the first Friday of every month.  So I decided I would do it again.  I don't know what it is, or if I'm doing it wrong or whatever, but it seems that everytime I do it, it seems to throw the cashier off. They don't know what to do, and have to ask the manager to make sure its okay.  Well last Friday was no different.  So it took a little longer than normal.  And apparently the guy behind me (the one I was paying for) was impatient and decided to go around me to the second window ahead of me.  Oh well didn't work out as well as I had wanted, but whatever, not a big loss.  But I thought since they always say how they like to hear about peoples experiences with it, and since mine was an interesting one I thought I would call in and tell them my story.  When I got into work I get on the website and am trying to find the number I need to call, and I see the link for "I can help Twin Cities".  Basically a spot that lists all of the organizations in the Twin Cities you could volunteer at and what you can do for them.  I alwasy told myself it was something I needed to look at to see what I could do, but just never got around to doing it and I didn't this time either.  But I told myself I would come back at lunch time and check it out.  Lunch time came around and went to write a blog post, (my previous one) and I look up the "Jesus Delivers" place and find on the top of their website, it says "We are a member of I can help Twin Cities".  How could I not take that hint?  God had placed it directly before me and basically said, here this is what I want you to do.  So I e-mailed one of the guys in charge over there to see what I could do.  And well, on the 18th I'm going to be volunteering, cooking food, handing it and clothes out to the homeless, and helping clean up afterwards.  I don't know whats going to happen with it, or where I'm going to go from here, but God has put it before me and it's pretty obvious this is what he wants me to do.  Don't you wish all of our choices and decisions could be this easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment